NPM - Network Performance Monitoring
A Self-Service System for NRB (Network Repair Bureau) & VZ Enterprise Customers driven by Wireless Analytics & AI techniques
- Evaluate enterprise-level device & network performance healthiness and service quality;
- Perform root cause analysis on device & network service & performance degradations;
- Detect anomalies of enterprise devices, services, and networks proactively;
- Provide timely tech support and care to mitigate issues prior to opening a Ticket with NRB/Care.
NPM is the first project handed to me when I joined the VMAS Team (Verizon Modeling & Analytics System). By that time, NPM is already a functional analytics platform with several customer-based features enabled.
My responsibilities are optimizing the current UI; designing new features according to the customers' needs; collaborating with developers and the business teams, and doing daily QA on both production & pre-production to ensure the platform runs well. Yeah, I'm not only a UX designer but also a QA tester, surprise! :P
Enterprise users are able to check their company devices' maintenance status, network analytics, network coverage, etc. on the map.
A universal dashboard with various tiles to evaluate/monitor enterprise network and device performance.
Users are able to access services according to their user level. Services include Open Tickets, Usage, VZ Planned Maintenance, Device Models, Device Experience, Account Experience, Private Network Performance, Connected Devices, VZ Account Team, VZ Technical Support, Service Notifications, Security Operation Center, Service Impacting Events, Enterprise Company Profile Info, Service Diagnostic Tools, Request Temporary Network Augmentation.
Feedback got from NPM user testing in the 1st week Market Trial
- Company support personnel can quickly and easily see if Verizon is available in a particular location;
- We like the satellite view NPM provided;
- This tool is easy to use;